Wednesday, January 11, 2012

in which The Distracted Dame wields a crow-bar to great effect

Well, friends.  After a long haitus from both blogging and working on my camper, afore-mentioned-in-many-words, I was tempted outside by a genuinely beautiful Christmas break Saturday and put in another installment of working on my camper.  I thought I would share a few photos from the Day of Demo....

How things looked in the calm before the storm...
My darling brother tearing out one of the cabinets
The cabinet used to be over that wheelwell
The "kitchen" cabinet, in process
Nasty insulation under the cabinet
Cabinet, dinette and table GONE!
All of the trim, screws and hardware I could pry off and unscrew in an afternoon...
Cute and classy!
It took part of another afternoon to rip out the couch/bed from the other end of the camper.  I am now pretty much down to the nitty-gritty work of pulling apart the walls and skin.  I uncovered a lot of holes in the floor during all that demolition....  And I must admit, I am wondering if I'll have to reskin the whole thing as well as replace the wood.  Sounds like I'll have to bring under real cover before I do much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment